Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm Back on the Web

Greetings to you who have wondered where I went. I took a hiatus from blogging for several reasons. I wanted to distance my blog from the church I pastor so as not to confuse my postings with "official" church belief and practice. Not that I am in disagreement with anything we practice or believe, but I wanted to insure that anything I post is clearly understood as my personal musings.

I also wanted the blog to have a different identity, thus the choosing of the new name. Jawbone of a Pastor stems from my reading of the story of Samson when he slew 300 Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey. If God can use the jawbone of a donkey to destroy his enemies, maybe he can use the jawbone of this donkey to fight some of his battles as well.

If you want to comment on any of the posts, just keep it civil. I will delete vulgarity, name calling and contentious comments. You don't have to agree with anything that is posted, but be civil in your detractions and rebuttals.

I'll try to post something everyday. If you have a topic that you would like me to address or a question that I can help answer, please feel free to email me at
rivera93342@juno.com. That is my personal email, again, disassociated from my ministry email address.

I'm hoping this blog will encourage healthy discussion of important topics in the news and the church. Welcome aboard. Let's get rolling!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home