Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Back from Vacation

For those of you wondering where I've been, I was in sunny south Florida for the past three weeks. It was a much needed time away for rest, recreation and refreshing. Nothing like leaving the frozen tundra of the north in the middle of winter to head South where the weather is predictably warm.

I managed to connect with family and friends I haven't seen in about a year. I'm happy to report that most of them are doing well although my sister is battling cancer for the second time in 3 years. Please pray for her treatment and future health.

You learn a lot about yourself when you take time away from everything that is normal and comfortable. The most humbling thing you learn is that you are not as critical as you think to the overall function and progress of ministry. Someone said it this way, "Just because you are important doesn't mean that you are needed." :)

Spring is getting into gear up here in the north. With it comes the promise of many new things. I love Spring because it is filled with the promise of God in newness. The trees bud, the grass starts growing again, the birds return and we get to put away our winter coats for more comfortable wear. Life is beautiful during Spring.

I'm looking forward to this season. I'm believing that God will reveal some new direction for the fulfillment of his promises. I only hope that I can be open to his direction, both to hear it and to do it.

What about you? What kinds of thoughts go through your mind during this time of the year? What are you looking forward to now that the weather will be more favorable to getting out and about?

I'm planning on posting something on the blog every other day from this point forth. Look for some interesting links to articles and other blogs. And feel free to comment as you see fit.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I am glad spring is almost here. I love the outdoors and it has been a while since there was anything green outside my window. I saw some birds today and it made me very happy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home