Sunday, April 29, 2007

50 Greatest Religious Films

There was a time not too long ago that, for an evangelical, attending a movie theater was considered a major sin. Times have changed as maturity in the understanding of the gospel has grown. While there are films that Christians should not go to under any circumstances, there are some that have valuable lessons and principles that can be used to illustrate the message of the gospel

Someone has undertaken the difficult task of compiling a list of the "50 Greatest Religious Films." I have seen a number of these films, some I never heard of. There is a brief synopsis included for each of the films. Some I will make it a point to see just to get a different perspective than the opinions and reviews I may have heard in the past.

I was very pleased to see that the #1 Religious film was my favorite, "The Mission." I would recommend this film to anyone. If you've never seen "The Truman Show," I would recommend for you to watch it with a group of close friends. Afterwards you can have a good discussion on predestination and free will.

What film(s) have you watched that had a valuable moral, or spiritual lesson?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • The other day I heard one of the songs from The Mission on the radio. Another good reason to watch the movie! The soundtrack is amazing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • i second the awesomeness that is the mission, and its sountrack. another great movie is "the apostle" with robert duval. it makes you ask many questions as to wether a work is legitamite even though the leader isn't perfect.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

  • Nothing for my money beats Tender mercies with robert Duvall.It takes its time telling a beautiful story of redemption,love and faith as God bestows his tender mercies on a wretched sinner who thru the course of the movie becomes a saint.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home