Friday, September 21, 2007

Last Words

Let's say you knew when your number was going to be called. Let's also say that you would be given a megaphone big enough for the world to hear you. What would you say as your last words to the world.

The Wall Street Journal has a fascinating article about a young professor, who as a part of a lecture series on last words, addresses a packed audience of friends, students, family and colleagues. The clincher in this particular speech is that the professor really has a short time to live and what he has to say are carefully chosen last words.

After reading the article, pause for a moment and ponder. What words would you like to leave with your family, friends, and colleagues?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I have faced the prospect of my death twice in the last two years.I was given the opportunity to leave my family and friends my "last words" and spent some time in distress wanting to say the right thing to each person that meant something to me. I have come to the personal conclusion that I need to live each day like it is the last one I may live and to say to my loved ones my thoughts and feelings now, not when my time clock gets punched.

    By Blogger 1ovmene, at 1:19 AM  

  • What an incredible story! Thanks for sharing it. It is more about life than death. If we have lived our lives in accordance with the principles of God and His Word, then who we were lives on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home