Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Solution for Rob and Wendi Whiner?

I read this and smiled. You see there is nothing more disappointing and discouraging in ministry than having to deal with people who whine, complain and gossip. I'm not talking about genuinely important issues that need attention to make a church better, but the incessant whining about things that don't really matter. You may say, "Yeah, but apparently it matters to that individual." But, there are ways to get your concerns across without resorting to whining, gossip and complaining.

In our church, the best way to get a concern addressed is to call a Deacon, Elder or Pastor. Our leadership team is committed to dealing with any real need that comes our way. We meet monthly to discuss the state of our church, make decisions that need to be made and address issues that have come to our attention. Between meetings, we call or email each other as the need arises. For the most part it works well. Trusting the Holy Spirit to give us the tools we need is always a challenge of faith, but our leaders do a good job of discerning God's direction.

Let's hope we don't ever have to resort to handing out wrist bands :)

1 Comments:

  • I once made a complaint... the right way... I went straight to the pastor. He disagreed with me, so he told me I was wrong. I will cross the street to avoid conflict, so I will never complain again. I've been in my church for 21 years... it's too late to change churches because of a small thing. A pastor once said, "Being a member of a church is like eating watermelon; You enjoy the sweetness and spit out the seeds.".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home