Monday, May 07, 2007


You may have been wondering where I've been the past week or so. I've been busy packing my stuff getting ready to move. There isn't much time to blog when all your stuff is in boxes and your head is preoccupied with a move.
Moving is a difficult thing. Not the physical part. A good night of sleep and few days of sore muscles and that part is taken care of. The hard part is the mental and emotional part. Every item you pick up to put in a box triggers a memory of a conversation or experience. If you are not careful it can take you forever packing your stuff. On top of that, casual visitors drop by to say goodbye and to reminisce about your time together. By the end of the packing you are emotionally drained.
I'll be doing a bit more blogging than usual the next couple of months. I'm taking some time off between ministry assignments to retool, for recreation, and to revitalize. If you are interested in corresponding with me now that I'm no longer at Christian Hills, you can reach me at rivera93342@juno.com.
I'm looking forward to this time off. I'm especially looking forward to honing some of the spiritual disciplines in my life. Silence, meditation, contemplation, prayer, fasting and searching the Scriptures to deepen my walk with God is high on my priority list the next couple of months.
How do you handle moves? What would you do if you had an extended period of time free?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home