Friday, September 28, 2007

Too Much Contact in Public?

Most of us have been there at one time or another, the uncomfortable environment where two people are engaging in personal displays of affection or PDA. You can read this article that attempts to define what is appropriate or inappropriate.

It seems that some of the displays are more exaggerated than ever. What is it about people who think they need an audience to show their affection or attraction? Is it just plain lust?

I remember as a parent having to shield the eyes of my children from some of the more blatant displays. On some occasions I have even asked the offending party if they would be a bit more respectful to the people around them. That approach usually was met with a glare or some words that were ruder than the behavior.

What do you do when you see people in public groping and grabbing? What have some of you parents done to instruct your children about public displays of affection? What kinds of public displays, if any, would the Bible condone or encourage?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • When confronted with too much PDA, I just leave and go elsewhere. Its just too risky to ask them to stop...even if you're polite about it, you never know what will happen as recourse. I can't change the actions of others, but I can put myself in a position to not be party to it. So, I get up and go.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • This is really becoming common not in developed nations but also in developing nations like India. We are changing at a pace. And I don't think there is anything wrong in this. #MyThoughts

    By Anonymous Pawan Kumar, at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home