Friday, February 20, 2009

So, What's Up with J.L.?

A number of you have asked me to update you on what is going on in my life and ministry, so I thought I would take a few moments of a busy Friday afternoon to get you up to speed.

In February of 2006, while on vacation to visit my family in Florida, I sensed the Lord speaking to my heart that it was time to wind up my stint in pastoral ministry. I loved what I was doing, but received confirmation from my wife, a couple of friends, circumstances in ministry, and prayer that it indeed was the Lord speaking. I took the next year to try to tie up as many loose ends as possible and "retired" from pastoral ministry.

During that year of tying up loose ends, I was invited by a friend to come to Jacksonville, Florida to assist him with a distance education Christian college and Graduate School. I accepted the invitation and in August of 2007 Grace and I moved and I commenced working as a non-paid volunteer for LOGOS. Little did I know that within 6 months I would be asked to undertake the task of the presidency to lead LOGOS into the 21th century.

A few years ago distance education was looked upon with skepticism. Now it has become mainstream as most major universities and many smaller institutions have a distance education or internet division. LOGOS has been providing distance education for over 30 years. In a way, we have been ahead of our time. But time has caught up with us. In a market with so many options we must find ways of assuring our present and future students that we will continue to provide them with a quality, affordable, accessible avenue for ministry training that will be worth their time, energy and finances.

I am looking forward to developing the College and Graduate School and ask all of my friends and colleagues to keep me and the school in prayer as we explore avenues to make us more effective and efficient. Drop me a line from time to time if you want an update, or to offer some moral support, or just to say hello. I value your prayers and seek your support.

In the meantime, I will continue to consult with present and potential students and help design programs of study for them that will assist them in become more productive for the Kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home