Saturday, January 13, 2007

Healing Today

Let me say it straight from the start, I am a firm believer that God heals today. This article, although rather long, is an excellent treatment. The series of articles probes the efficacy of healing in a modern scientific, rational, myth-busting culture. It is a must read. The writer's conclusion is dead on:

  • "A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence"
I have prayed for many and have seen miracles happen occasionally. I don't have all the answers as to why God heals one and not another, but my faith that he does heal keeps me praying. In a day when so many are hurting despite so many new advances in medicine, and new diseases constantly being discovered, a rediscovery and practice of praying for the sick would be a welcome development. Not just in our once a week church services, but anytime we come in contact with someone who is ill, or everytime we ourselves are stricken with illness.

What has been your experience in the faith arena of healing?


3 Comments:

  • I need to comment on the congregational meeting coming up Suday night January 14, but don't know where to do it. Do I go all the way back and scroll down to the last meeting of December 8? There were only 4 comments listed there. I know people don't really know how to do this and speak about certain topics. Pastor, your daily blog - do people only comment on that particular daily subject? Please answer in you blog. Thank you.
    xyz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  

  • anonymous: A blog is a timely discussion of issues that are "news" at that particular moment. Once a thread is more than a few day old, it gets cold and bloggers go on to other things.

    May I suggest you make your comments at the members meeting, or to an elder or deacon? It will probably get more attention that way as the blog is a newer way of connecting.

    Thanks for commenting, I hope you'll keep checking in and commenting on other issues.

    By Blogger jawbone, at 9:04 AM  

  • I love your comment,” but my faith that He does heal keeps me praying". That's it! We know that our Lord heals the sick. I have prayed with people from all different church backgrounds, all over the world, and have never seen someone healed in that moment. Maybe they were healed later on. I don't know. What I do know is this, His salvation is all encompassing. It extends not only to ours spirits offering the free gift of eternal life, but the bible says it offers life to our mortal bodies, as well. Think about this-the salvation work of God is not momentary, but constant. Who knows how many times God may have healed us from something and he chose, in His divine wisdom and plan, not to reveal it to us.

    By Blogger Layman, at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home