Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thanks to all you Geeks

I am not a geek. I know enough about computers to get my work done. I know enough about cars to get me to my destination. When I get around those who are intelligent about such things I feel a bit intimidated, somewhat bored, but extremely thankful.

I know three geeks that are absolutely priceless to me. One takes care of all the IT stuff at the church, one manages our website and the other give me all kinds of great clues on how to use the internet and other software utilities and application that make my job easier. I am glad they love technical stuff and are good at figuring it out.

When I speak to my geek friends, they are excited, enthused and glowing about the latest technogadget they have read on or purchased. They describe the intricacies of these tools like astronomers describe black holes and dwarf stars. They are absolutely giddy about their discoveries.

But on top of it all, they love the Lord. They are using their gifts, talents and interests to expand the influence of God's kingdom. While others may use those same talents for nefarious reasons, they humbly offer their gifts to God. Thanks guys for your dedication to the Lord, his work and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home