Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Post on Worship

One of the topics that quickly gets my attention is the subject of worship. In my short life I have learned some things about worship and I find that the more I've learned the more there is to learn. But studying up on the topic is only one side of the coin. One fellow wrote:
  • "defining worship too tightly is somewhat like dissecting a frog to understand it. You might understand it but it is also dead. Worship is a humble, biblical response to what God chooses to reveal about himself."
Reading, praying, observing and exploring worship eventually must lead to practicing it. It is not enough to know the details, but to experience the presence. It is more than the posture of the worshiper, but the exaltation of the awesome God. It is one thing to be humbled and yet another to humble ones self.

Worship is a response to God. Just as a sunset may inspire a contemplative mood, or awestruckness, peace, expectation, or relief, each time we walk into the presence of God can result in a different response or reaction.

I have found that when I am restless I worship God and find peace. When I am happy, I experience affirmation. When I am discouraged I find myself encouraged. Each worship opportunity can reveal something new from God. Often it is determined by your need.

What is your worship experience like?

2 Comments:

  • I experience worship as like an offering for only Him. It seems that if I am really needing His presence he helps to take away what is left of "Me" and He welcomes himself into my heart knowing together that-- at this particular time of worship --that He will calm my fears, help me make a decision, make me have a repentative spirit, teach me something that I need to know, reveal a truth or just having Pure Joy for Knowing that Jesus is right here right now.

    Kathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 PM  

  • I try to experience worship in everything that I do...even in the day-to-day mundane tasks.

    Putting the kids to bed - I look at my precious girls and I praise Him and thank him for these little blessings.

    Working in my flower garden...weeding, watering, and pruning - I thank Him for His beautiful creation.

    Preparing dinner for my family - I thank Him for the abundance He has provided for us, and think of those people who may not have the same.

    The list goes on and on and on.

    To worship Him is to give Him praise and thanks for all of the blessings and teachings He has given.

    PRAISE GOD!!!

    Tracie

    By Blogger Tracie, at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home