Friday, May 25, 2007

Raising Boys the Way They are Wired

I've raised two boys and one girl and I can tell you that raising boys is different than raising girls. For all of the talk of equality of the sexes, equality doesn't mean there aren't differences.

This book has caught England by storm and will probably fare even better in the U.S. Boys like to live on the edge. That is why they often do dangerous things and we are left with picking up the pieces.

If you are raising boys, this book is a must read. It will help fathers engage with their boys in a wholesome, active way while steering them through the perils of adolescence. Although I was somewhat creative in raising the boys, I wish I would have had something like this to draw from.

For those of you out there with children, could you verify or disclaim my observations about the difference between raising boys and raising girls? Do you have any cool stories of some off the wall things your boys did that made you question your sanity, or theirs?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home