Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stand in the Gap II

It was October of 1997. Two busloads of Christian men left the campus of Christian Life College in Mount Prospect to participate in the Promise Keepers call to Stand in the Gap. It was a meeting of over one million men who descended on the Washington D.C. mall area to worship, pray and call our nation to a time of prayer and fasting. I will never forget that day.

While we were traveling east on I-80 it seemed that every other car, van or bus had a sign in its window that said something to the effect of: Stand in the Gap, I am a Promise Keeper, Washington D.C or bust, etc. During the wee hours of the morning, at every rest stop there were vehicles filled with men fellowshiping, praying and encouraging one another to call America back to God.

Well, it looks like another call is being extended. It's called "Stand in the Gap 2007" and will be held in October, ten years after the original call. Our nation needs a humbling time of prayer and worship once again like never before. Men are being called to take the lead. I'm planning on being there.

I took my sons with me in 1997. It was a bonding experience and unbelievably edifying. To stand in Washington, the seat of political power, and to declare to the nation that it is not by might, or by power, but by God's Spirit, focused my attention on who controls the universe, our world, our nation, my family and me.

Pass this message on to other men, pastors and church leaders. Let's make a statement in Washington in October. It's never to early to block that date on your calendar and do whatever it takes to Stand in the Gap. You can get more information by clicking here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home