Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Boomer Generation, Pastors and Technology

If you are over 50 and still afraid of the internet, you are missing out on a great opportunity to reach the next generation with the Gospel. This simple little article will help you to find ways to bridge the cyber gap that may exist in your ministry.

I consider myself somewhat computer savvy. The speed of the changes that occur in the world of technology make me feel like I am getting hopelessly behind. And yet, I find that growing at least in one area at a time can reap generous rewards.

When I first undertook blogging a couple of years ago, All I knew how to do was enter text. Then I learned to create links within my posts, add pictures, and add other features. I will eventually learn how to embed video and other stuff. In the meantime, I am continually amazed at how many people read my blog. While I often don't get a lot of comments, if I fail to post anything new in any given week, I'll start getting emails wondering if I quit blogging or asking if everything is all right with me.

I want to challenge those of my generation to stay current with computer technology. Just as you don't have to know all of the parts of a cars engine to enjoy driving a car, you don't have to know everything about computers to enjoy using them to communicate to friends, family and even strangers who happen to trip over you blog on the way somewhere else.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home